Join Team FatBird in the “World Water Day 2012” Weekender on Mar 24 to:
Celebrate the Singapore World Water Day 2012 event at Marina Barrage.
FEES: FREE TO PARTICIPATE
WHO: Open to all runners and friends who wish to have a fun run and outing (Max Capacity 120).
Date: Saturday, 24 March 2012
Start: UOB Plaza/FatBird Statue
Mid-Point: Marina Barrage (9:00am) for World Water Day Celebrations
End: UOB Plaza (10:50am) for River Cleanup
Goodie Pails: For participants of this run @ FatBird Statue after the run
Baggage: There will be no baggage facilities provided. Runners are advised to travel light with MRT ez-link card and some cash.
Pace: This is a social group run at a sight-seeing pace of about 7-9min/km. Stops will be made for re-grouping and photo opportunities.
Runing Outfit: TFB apparel preferable, in order of availability ->
– Blue TFB Singlet/Vest (2011 version)
– Other TFB Tees/Vests which you have
– If no TFB tops, just put on any blue or bright colored top
Celebrations & Activities @ Marina Barrage:
Guest of Honour: President Tony Tan Keng Yam
* Group Run, Bike, Walk, Kayak to Marina Barrage along Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC Waters)
* Carnival and Flea Market at MB
* Launch of ABC Waters Coffee Table book by NYAA
* Showcase of SingPost Stamps
* Prize Presentation for Water Conservation Competition
* View activities by community partners.